The last few years have seen an explosion in the number of ticks in Bergen County. Ticks carry Lyme Disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever and other illnesses. Concern over contracting one of these ailments can ruin outdoor time for you and your family. Borst Landscape and Design offers a comprehensive approach to pest management in Bergen County, which is both effective and eco-friendly.
Borst’s Pest Management Program utilizes the latest organic treatments to prevent ticks, fleas, and mosquitos in our area. They also use eco-friendly solutions to keep deer away from your property. Any Bergen County homeowner will tell you that tick-carrying deer can be a huge issue.
In the meantime, here are some tips to help avoid pests:
• Good fences make for good neighbors as the saying goes. They’re also a deterrent to pest-carrying critters like deer, raccoons, and stray animals.
• Mow your lawn frequently, cut tall weeds and grasses at the edges, and remove any leaf litter from your property. That goes for other potential pest hideouts like junk or damp wood piles.
• Put down a barrier of wood chips or gravel between wooded areas and your lawn. This makes it harder for ticks to migrate.
• Dump any stagnant water, which serves as a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
• If you have pets, ask your veterinarian for a flea and tick treatment.
• Before heading outdoors, use a good bug repellent. Afterward, do a thorough check. Ticks are tiny but determined and can land almost anywhere – even between your toes. If you do find one, use tweezers to remove it. Here’s another safeguard: run a sticky lint-roller over your clothes. You might be surprised at what it picks up.
Borst Landscape and Design is the Bergen County landscape service that protects your family through superior organic pest management. You’ll have a worry-free yard, in more ways than one!
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8230377 https://ift.tt/2IqXHoP